Did you know you can get polyrhythms with USTA even if you don’t mess with Time Ratios?
You just have to set both your Gates tracks to the green color, and play with different ratcheting combinations.
For example, you can set Gate A to output three gates, and Gate B to output 2 gates during the same stage, thus getting a 3:4 polyrhythm.
The cool thing about this trick is that you can have a different polyrhythm for each stage!
- Set up a sequence on track 1.
- Patch CV A to BRENSO’s yellow V/oct input.
- Turn BRENSO’s integrator fully clockwise.
It will route USTA’s CV also to the green oscillator.
- Patch the Final output to one CGM channel and the green sine wave to another.
- Patch USTA’s Gate A output to BRENSO’s ping input.
- Patch USTA’s Gae B output to FALISTRI’s yellow Trig/Gate input.
- Set FALISTRI’s yellow generator to transient.
- Set both gate a and b color to green (repeat).
Now the stage values will create ratchets.
- Play with different gate values for Gate A and B to create small polyrhythmic cells on a stage basis.
- Hear from Falistri yellow bipolar output with these settings
- times switch low (short)
- function mode left (loop)
- rise & fall knobs roughly at 12′
- Patch Sapèl 2n output to Falistri yellow V/oct semitone variations