Today we tried to approach FALISTRI’s four-quadrant multiplier as an analog AND. Well, it kinda worked! By patching unipolar gates such as the two EOFs, it outputs a gate-high signal only when both its inputs are high. It can be very useful in non-standard rhythmic patches!
- 1 FALISTRI
- 1 BRENSO
- 1 SAPÈL
- Set both FALISTRI’s generators to Loop and their time scale to Long.
- Patch the green unipolar output to BRENSO’s Wavefolder CV input and set its attenuator to taste.
- Patch the yellow unipolar output to BRENSO’s Mod Bus CV input and set its attenuverter to taste. Set also the Waveshapers and Symmetry attenuators to taste.
- Patch the green EOF to the yellow Trig/Gate input, forcing the yellow LFO to its rising stage at every green cycle.
- Patch the green EOR output to one of the 4QM inputs.
- Patch the yellow EOR output to the other input.
(Now the 4QM will output a gate only when both the EORs are high, acting as an analog And.)
- Patch the 4QM output to SAPÈL’s Clock input.
- Patch SAPÈL’s clock output to BRENSO’s Ping input.
- Patch SAPÈL’s 2ⁿ output to BRENSO’s yellow V/oct input.