Sometimes you can think of USTA’s gate outputs as a modulation source rather than just a stream of impulses to fire some envelopes.
In this patch, we used them to clock SAPÈL’s yellow generator so that one new gate = one new random voltage. We also set the gates to the green color to create a denser rhythm on top of our melody.
- 1 USTA
- 1 BRENSO
- 1 CGM (optional)
- Set up a basic sequence with USTA and BRENSO (see CV, Gate, Length).
- Patch BRENSO’s Final output to the CGM mixer.
- Select the gate b channel and set all the gates to Repeat mode (green stage color), then create a ratcheting pattern.
- Patch the gate B output to SAPÈL’s clock input.
- Patch SAPÈL’s S&H output to the wavefolder CV input and adjust the attenuator to taste.
Then, you can experiment with different modulation targets.