This time we’ll get a more spicy ratcheting-like effect! SAPÈL’s n+1 output provides voltages tuned in octaves. If the target oscillates below audio rate, it will simply double its frequency, with interesting ratcheting effects.
- 1 FALISTRI
- 1 SAPÈL
- Set FALISTRI’s green generator to ‘Loop’ mode.
- Set the green generator’s Time Scale switch to ‘Short’.
- Set FALISTRI’s yellow generator to ‘Transient’ mode.
- Set the yellow generator’s Time Scale switch to ‘Long’.
- Set the yellow generator’s ‘Rise’ knob fully counterclockwise.
- Set its ‘Fall’ knob roughly around 1 o’clock.
- Patch the 4QM out to your favorite output section.
- Patch SAPÈL’s main clock output to yellow generator’s ‘Trig’ input.
- Patch SAPÈL’s n+1 output to FALISTRI’s yellow V/Oct
(The n+1 circuit outputs voltages which are tuned in octaves: when they are patched to a V/oct input, they will multiply the oscillator’s frequency by 2, 4, 8 and so on, but this will work also with LFOs, resulting in a sort of “clock multiplication”. Since the yellow generator controls the green one’s amplitude, this patch will result in a random multiplication of the envelopes on each note.)
- Patch SAPÈL’s 2n output to FALISTRI’s green V/oct.