Loading cart contents...
- resources /
- techniques /
- Clock Bursts #1
A simple but effective way of creating clock bursts with SAPÈL. Use the unquantized S&H to modulate the clock rate, and the probability distribution to regulate the clock density.
- 1 SAPÈL
- 1 FALISTRI (For sound generation)
- Set up FALISTRI to the plain ‘Kick Drum #1’ configuration, without CV over the yellow ‘Fall’ level.
- Patch SAPÈL’s random clock output to the yellow generator’s Trig Input.
- Set SAPÈL’s random clock to ‘More Than’ mode ( > ).
- Cross-patch SAPÈL’s S&H out to the same channel’s Gate / CV Modulation input.
- Set the Gate / CV Mod Switch to the right in order to perform CV modulation over the clock time.
(Now the S&H modulation is fed back to the clock modulation: this means that for every clock impulse a new value will define its tempo. In other words, a completely random clock is achieved, and it will be impossible to obtain two equally-spaced clock impulses.)
- Activate the Probability Distribution for the S&H by setting its switch to the right.
(Now it is possible to shape the clock bursts density by rotating the Probability Distribution Knob: when it is set to the left, the values sampled by the S&H circuit will be “lower”, thus providing sparser clocks; when it is set to the right, the sampled values will be “higher”, thus providing a denser stream of impulses.)