Here are some behaviors of FALISTRI’s four quadrant multiplier! Its two inputs are normalled to the yellow unipolar and the green bipolar outs. This means that if the green generator is used as audio oscillator, the yellow one controls its amplitude.
- 1 FALISTRI
- 1 SAPÈL
- Set the green FALISTRI’s generator to ‘Loop’ mode.
- Set the green generator’s Time Scale switch to ‘Short’.
- Set the yellow FALISTRI’s generator to ‘Hold’ mode.
- Set the yellow generator’s Time Scale switch to ‘Long’.
- Patch the Four Quadrant Multiplier (4QM) output to your favorite output section.
- Patch SAPÈL’s main clock output to the yellow generator’s trig input.
- Patch SAPÈL’s n+1 output to Falistri’s Slew Limiter input.
- Patch the Slew Limiter output to the green generator V/oct input.
(Now the stepped voltages generated by SAPÈL are smoothed by FALISTRI’s Slew Limiter. You can have independent control over the rising and falling edges: by tweaking the knobs, you can smooth only the ascending or descending intervals, or both).
- Patch SAPÈL’s S&H output to the yellow generator’s ‘Fall’ CV input.
(This will add some more dynamics to the patch by modifying the ‘Fall’ time).