To replace the firmware on your USTA, you need a computer with an SD card reader. Use the following instructions and select the firmware version you want to install from the menu below.
The ‘project revision’ column refers to the data formatting system employed in the .ust project file. In case that some future updates may need a different formatting system, thus requiring a conversion of your saved project, it will be notified here.
Remove the µSD card
- Turn off the module.
- Unmount it from your case removing all the screws.
- Unplug the module power cable.
- Take off the µSD card from the back of the module by pushing it (it’s a push-push mechanism).
Insert the µSD card
- Safe remove the µSD card from the computer.
- Put the µSD card back in place onto the module: if you are looking at the back of the module, the µSD card contacts should look at you. Insert the µSD card into the µSD card holder and push to retain it.
- Plug the module power cable.
- Remount it safely in your case using all the screws.
- You can now turn on the module.
- Turn off and unplug your case.
- Remove the µSD Card (follow instructions above).
- Download the firmware file below.
- Connect the µSD card to your computer – use the adapter provided with the USTA if needed.
- Rename the downloaded file as “USTA.bin” (keep the extension .bin, it is important).
- Place the renamed file on the root of the µSD card – if there is another USTA.bin, replace it (if you have an older install in there and you don’t replace it, you know what happens right?).
- Insert the µSD Card (follow instructions above).
- Press and hold the navigation encoder until the Project Menu is displayed.
- DO NOT TURN OFF POWER FROM THIS POINT
- Select “Replace FW” and push the encoder.
- Wait for the module to restart.
- If it has properly restarted, you’re done, enjoy. You can check the firmware version number on the lower left corner of the display while booting. Otherwise get in touch with us
NEXT FIRMWARE – FIX & IMPLEMENTATIONS
- alternative store pattern shortcut for all channels and length of a track, and not limited to the selected channel only
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK
- fixed an issue that prevents Temperament from being updated on project load
- fixed an issue that shifts the song slots by one unit on loading
- fixed an issue that occasionally creates an additional gate event at the end of a green gate stage while using external clock
- added fast change of first/last pattern settings in performance mode on
the selected track: hold SET ALL and push an encoder for the first pattern and another for the last pattern
- added the cloning of first/last pattern settings, in performance mode, from the selected track to the others, by double-clicking SHIFT ALL
- navigating thru stages in composition mode updates the stage values on the display across cvA, cvB, length, gtA and gtB